Just like a rock star, Gordon doesn't need a last name. Anyone who is a artist, loves art or loves an artist and lives near our art drenched community knows him.
When Gordon announced he was having a solo show in the Hills Gallery 11/7 -11/12, we prepared for crowds. No less than two artist receptions: Friday Nov. 10th. and Saturday Nov. 11th. 7-9pm.
Everyone will be there!
Gordon is not just an artist member of the NAA, but a facilitator for the the Wednesday night Life Drawing Group. He is an inspiration for all who participate and manage to take a peek at what he is working on.
We were thrilled that Gordon took our challenge to answer a few questions so we could get to know him a little better.
An artist bent with a nod to the Proust’s Questionnaire.
1. What or who influenced you to be an artist? - Mother
2. Which living artist do you most admire? -Robert Wilson, Peter Greenaway, Frank Auerbach, David Hockney, etc.
3. Which historical artist do you most admire? - Matisse, Joan Mitchell, Picasso, Motherwell, etc.
4. What is the trait you most admire in other artists? - Fortitude
5. What is your greatest extravagance as an artist? - Saying I am an artist
6. If you could change one thing about your art what would it be? - How can you change an exploration of change?
7. What is your most treasured possession for making art? - Brain, hand, eye
8. If you were to die and could choose a person or thing to come back as what would it be? - The Ether
See more of Gordon's art here: http://artofgordon.blogspot.com
Come out to a monthly Drink N Draw at the Portsmouth Book & Bar or in Newburyport at the Port Tavern. Gordon is always there.